PostgreSQL Update Services
You want to upgrade your PostgreSQL database servers and you are not sure how to do it best? Our database engineers here at Cybertec have many years of experience and know exactly what has to be done.
As the PostgreSQL development team continues to release new versions of PostgreSQL, it’s important to keep your database up to date so as to take advantage of all the new features, security updates, and bug fixes.
Professional PostgreSQL version upgrades
What we offer:
- Almost zero downtime PostgreSQL upgrades
- Support for all versions of PostgreSQL (9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc.)
- Update and upgrade scheduling
- Upgrade automation for PostgreSQL
- Security updates for PostgreSQL
Live migration and zero downtime
Eliminating database downtime and moving to “close to zero downtime upgrades” poses real challenges for IT organizations and DBAs that need to upgrade or migrate mission-critical database environments running older versions of PostgreSQL to new versions such as 9.6 or future versions such as PostgreSQL 10.0.
Close to zero downtime helps to
- Maintain 24×7 availability
- Eliminate costs of downtime
- Provides a more professional database service
Cybertec will help to develop your personal strategy to achieve close to zero downtime. Ideally your services are only down for a couple of seconds.
Supporting upgrades of all PostgreSQL versions
Regardless of the PostgreSQL version you are currently running, we will provide support to upgrade to more recent versions.
For older versions of PostgreSQL, we use:
- pg_dump / pg_restore: In case downtime is possible
- Londiste / SkyTools: In case close to zero downtime is needed<
For more recent versions of PostgreSQL, we use the following techniques (among others):
- pg_logical: Upgrades using logical decoding
- pg_upgrade: Fast and efficient in-place upgrades
Debian / Ubuntu include a tool called pg_upgradecluster to do the job.
Upgrading PostGIS and other extensions
We have seen many people, who were unsure of how to upgrade PostGIS, which is a GIS extension for PostgreSQL. Upgrading PostGIS is trickier than dealing with standard PostgreSQL.
Cybertec offers special services to allow people to update and upgrade productive PostGIS deployment fast and easily. This includes but is not limited to moving people from PostGIS 1.x to 2.x. We provide all the assistance you need to successfully upgrade your deployment.
Contact us today to receive your personal offer from Cybertec. We offer timely delivery, professional handling, and over 17 years of PostgreSQL experience.Contact us