PostgreSQL Administration and Performance Tuning
Dates & Duration
See available dates for this course!
If there is no date and time available for a certain training you are interested in, please contact us.
The training takes 4 days. In addition, a further day can be booked, during which we’ll address individual questions.
This course is especially suitable for database administrators (Linux / Windows / Solaris / Mac OS X) and sysadmins. We will deal with administration and performance tuning -related topics.
- The PostgreSQL project, support, community, release- and version management
- Overview architecture
- Installation, start and stop the server, connect to the client
- Client “psql”
- Indexing with B-Tree indexes
- Transactions: Atomicity, Isolation, Locking
- Transactions: optimistic and pessimistic “locks”
- Logical backup, data export and import (pg_dump)
- physical backup, Transaction log archiving
- Point-in-time Recovery
- Streaming Replication
- Synchrone Replication
- Hot Standby and conflict management
- High Availability, concept of Patroni
- User management, authentification
- Remote access to the database
- Configuration parameters
- Resource management
- Parameter tuning
- Statistics and monitoring
- Statement tuning
- EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS)
- Extended Statistics
Contact us to sign up for this course >>
Other courses that might interest you
SQL BasicsMore about this course
Migration TutorialMore about this course
PostgreSQL High Availability & Patroni Cluster ManagerMore about this course
PostgreSQL in KubernetesMore about this course
Machine Learning for decision makersMore about this course
PostgreSQL ProfessionalMore about this course
Introduction to Machine LearningMore about this course
Introduction to PostGISMore about this course
Introduction to PostgreSQLMore about this course
PostgreSQL for business intelligence and big data analysisMore about this course
We offer these services
PostgreSQL Optimization & Security
Is your database not running smoothly or are you struggling with security issues? Our experts will analyze problems & optimization potentials within a health check or security audit.
PostgreSQL Setup & Installation, automation with Kubernetes and database architecture: We’ll find the optimal setup and make sure that your PostgreSQL Infrastructure meets your needs and expectations.
PostgreSQL Setup & Installation
Get started with PostgreSQL by using our Setup & Installation service. We fully focus on your personal needs and infrastructure. In addition to the configuration itself, you also benefit from the knowledge of our experts in the field of database design.