CYBERTEC is looking for a Junior PostgreSQL DBA/Support engineer! He/she will be responsible for managing and supporting customer database systems for high availability, performance and reliability. This is a full-time position.
- Become an active DBA team member to jointly support database operations day to day.
- Troubleshoot database incidents
- Ensure databases are monitored and remain available and optimal
- Database maintenance – backup & recovery, maintaining replication and hot standby clusters using Patroni
- Database optimisation – indexing, analysing, bloat management, and vacuuming
- Database monitoring – actively monitor and react. Add new service checks
- Ticketing – organise, prioritise and service DBA related tickets within SLA
- Optimise existing queries, functions and enhance runtime performance
- Provide support in and out of working hours as part of a formal on-call support rotation
- Recommend improvements for existing operations with better tools and methodologies
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience as PostgreSQL DBA
- Experience with PostgreSQL HA, backup & recovery and replication methodologies & tools. (Experience with Patroni is a plus)
- Must have good understanding & hands-on experience of Linux OS (Redhat, Debian & Ubuntu)
- Must have Linux Shell scripting – ability to understand & write scripts in support of DBA related tasks. Python knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Database security principles
- Experience of performance tuning of host hardware & databases.
- Ability to understand, write, diagnose, and optimise all qualities of SQL code
ANSI SQL knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Desired – Experience with Docker and Ansible
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- Flat hierarchies, a pleasant, familial working atmosphere, and a motivated team
- Flexible working hours
- All the hardware & software you need to get things done
We are searching for a competent colleague to work with us for the long term. The salary depends on professional experience.
The collective minimum salary per year is €40,000 gross based on full-time employment.
If we have peaked your interest, we look forward to receiving your application to email@example.com.More job offerings