PGWatch is a metrics collector and visualization solution for PostgreSQL databases developed by CYBERTEC. This flexible, self-contained monitoring tool, brings PostgreSQL monitoring to the next level.
Although there are many PostgreSQL monitoring solutions, most of them are too complex to set up and too inflexible to extend the functionality yourself. PGWatch tries to change that by providing previously unavailable flexibility and concentrating on metrics gathering only, leaving the presentation side to the best dashboarding tool available.
How PGWatch works
PGWatch works as a remote metrics-gathering daemon, periodically connecting to the database as a normal user would, and reading out metrics provided by the Postgres statistics subsystem. This has the advantage that you don’t need any special user rights and you don’t have to install any extensions on the database server itself, making use in restricted environments (e.g. AWS RDS) possible.
- 1-minute installation with Docker (custom installations still possible)
- Superb overview of all database activities on a single page
- Easy extensibility by defining metrics in pure SQL
- Intuitive metrics presentation using Grafana dashboarding engine. Users can create their own graphs (in addition to predefined ones) with just a couple of clicks
- server log error monitoring (when installed on DB server)
- Optional alerting (Mail, Slack, PagerDuty) provided by Grafana
- Open Source software – free to extend
- PostgreSQL versions 9.0+ supported
- Built in web-based management interface for managing monitored databases and metrics
- Many options for metrics storage – InfluxDB, PostgreSQL, Prometheus, Graphite
- Optional basic security by user authentication
- Optional “metrics fetching helper” stored procedures for reading out CPU load and pg_stat_statement info are provided
- Logs for individual components are exposed over the web-based UI for easier troubleshooting
Visit our official website pgwatch.com for further information and instant download:
pgwatch: Monitoring at scale
pgwatch has been built to scale and can be perfctly used to monitor large infrastructures. If you are a large scale enterprise pgwatch is the right monitoring solution for you.
Run pgwatch for thousands of systems
We have tested pgwatch for large scale systems and have a lot of experience in the field. If you want to monitor thousands systems pgwatch is certainly the tool you show use. If you want to use pgwatch for your setup get in touch with us to find out more.
- start the Docker image with “docker run -d -p 3000:3000 -p 8080:8080 –name pw2 cybertec/pgwatch2”
- add your database to monitor it via management interface on port 8080
- wait a few minutes for the daemon to fetch data and then open Grafana on port 3000
Contact us for more information >>