PostGIS is the gold standard for GIS data. It is an extension of PostgreSQL and adds data types such as geometry and geography which are optimized for spatial data. That makes PostGIS the most powerful tool available for mapping and processing GIS data.
What is PostGIS?
Using PostGIS is free and the entire package is available as Open Source software. Precompiled packages are available for all commonly used Linux distributions, and can be downloaded from official PostgreSQL repositories.
The following core features are provided by PostGIS:
- geometric processing (= calculations assuming a flat surface)
- geographic processing (= spheric calculations)
- raster processing and analysis in the database (= matrix calculations)
- 3D surface and volume support
- topological functions
- geocoding and address standardization
- tooling to load and process data
PostGIS implements a variety of GIS standards and offers rich functionality to process geometric data:
- Simple Features for SQL (SFSQL)
- SQL Multimedia and Application Packages Part 3: Spatial (IOS/IEC 13249-3)
- Geographic JSON (GeoJSON)
- Georeferenced Tagged Image File Format (GeoTIFF)
- Geography Markup Language (GML)
- Keyhole Markup Language (KML)
- Mapbox Vector Tile Specification (MVT)
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Well-Known Binary (WKB)
- Well-Known Text (WKT)
PostGIS has been successfully adopted by some of the biggest players in the industry.
We offer 24/7 support for PostGIS! Contact our sales team to get PostGIS support today!Contact us >>
PostGIS: Our services for your benefit
CYBERTEC offers comprehensive services for PostGIS to optimize your GIS stack, create impressive maps, dashboards and provide the foundation for modern technologies such as machine learning.
Designing GIS infrastructure
We optimize your GIS infrastructure and design modern data pipelines.
We help clients to set up a PostGIS infrastructure and to import data.
Enjoy our training courses and benefit from professional know-how.
Process OSM data
CYBERTEC provides services to handle OpenStreetMap data (import, transformation, usage).
Tuning spatial queries
We tune and optimize your spatial queries for maximum performance.
Use PostGIS, MobilityDB and pgRouting to manage GPS tracks quickly and efficiently.
Manage IOT data
PostgreSQL is ideal for IOT (= Internet of Things) and we help to process massive data sets as well as time series.
Scaling spatial data
Benefit from our expertise. CYBERTEC helps to scale GIS databases to your needs.
GIS data for Machine Learning
Use cutting-edge algorithms and apply machine learning to make the most of your GIS data sets.
If you have any questions, or want to discuss any details with us in person, feel free to contact us! We offer timely delivery, professional handling, and 20 years of PostgreSQL experience.Contact us >>